Christmas Gift Guide - 2021

ELECTRONICS

High-Pressure Duster 

This amazing gadget replaces those cans of compressed air - which can be SUPER expensive. It's basically a reverse vacuum cleaner. It gently (or not so gently) blasts the dust out of your electronics. But you'll discover other uses all around the house. In addition to computers and electronics, this thing is great for dusting all kinds of furniture with intricate features or hard-to-dust crannies. A+ Highly recommend. Do yourself a favor, and buy one for yourself too.  link here


Dusting Gel

Here's another product I recently discovered but now I can't live without. Just shove this slime into your cracks and crevices, and when you pull it out, all the dust comes with it. Just like the High-Pressure Duster above, you'll find TONS of uses for this around the house. This stuff is great for all those nooks and hard-to-dust corners where you can't quite get all the schmutz out. I use this goo on my computer keyboard AND my piano keyboard, my usb ports, the vents on the back of my tv, on my intricately carved mirror frames... just for example. Your dusty crevices don't stand a chance. link here  


This little wi-fi camera has tons of features for a great price. It has 2-way audio, 1080p color night vision, and an easy-to-setup app for your phone or tablet. It's waterproof, so you can use it indoors or out. Best of all, it comes with FREE 14-days of video storage - meaning you can view all your motion/sound triggered videos for the past two weeks from your phone. And if you add the Cam+ subscription for only $15/year, you get TONS of other features including person/package/pet/vehicle detection and customizable alerts to your phone. This means, for example, you can tell the camera to alert you if your neighbor's dog gets into your back yard or when UPS drops off a package on your front porch. And because of the 2-way audio, you can use it to talk to someone in your house when you're away or you can use it to tell your dog to GET AWAY FROM THAT CHRISTMAS TREE! You do you. I have two of these, and they're fantastic - all for about $35 bucks.  link here

Do you have a bluetooth speaker in your bathroom? Because you absolutely need a bluetooth speaker in your bathroom. I use mine to listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks while I'm in the shower. The Flip 4 is ipx7 waterproof, so you don't need to worry about dropping it in the bath. It has JBL's amazing audio quality. You can connect 2 phones simultaneously because sharing is caring. And it has 12 hours of playtime between charges. That's a lot of showers. And unlike the newer Flip 5, the Flip 4 has an integrated microphone which means you can answer/place calls while you're in the shower PLUS you can use Siri or Google Assistant too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this feature because I can use google assistant to create a reminder or add an item to my shopping list while I'm in the shower. Makes me feel like a real Judy Jetson. link here



BAR

Listen. I went to bartending school. I worked as a bartender at a fancy hotel on Miami Beach. I should know about these things. And yet for years, I used some crappy cocktail shaker that I acquired randomly a billion years ago. Don't follow my example. Spring for a nice, weighted cocktail shaker. It makes a HUGE difference when you're building your cocktails. The weighted bottom keeps the tumblers from tumping over as you add liquids and ESPECIALLY ice. Unlike cheap cocktail shakers, these things are sturdy. Turns out, that's pretty important. Don't forget the Hawthorne strainer. Dishwasher safe. link here

Professional Citrus Press

Should you spend 80 bucks on a professional citrus squeezer? I mean, probably not. But if you have the room and the budget for this bad boy, you will absolutely love it. There's not much more to say. It juices citrus fruits and pomegranates like a boss. Can you use it to make non-alcoholic citrus drinks? I guess so, but you're asking the wrong person. Some parts dishwasher safe. link here

Are these things actually worth $25? OMG YES! Period. End of. link here 



BATH

I love this thing so much I wrote a whole blog post about it. It's pretty expensive, and I'm not convinced it cleans your face any better than using your boring old fingers. But damn, it sure does feel good. And it lasts for months on a single charge. I paid roughly $120 for the v2. This v3 is about the same price but it adds app connectivity. Do you need app connectivity for your vibrating face sponge? Fuck no. So if you want the no-app v2, you can get it for about the same price. Definitely not a necessity, but if you want to feel like a real fancy-pants in the shower, this is how you do it. link here 

Cordless Scalp Massager


It's a rechargeable scalp massager. What else do you need to know? OH! It's waterproof, so you can use it in the shower. But personally, I think it feels better to use it dry. link here

Portable Bubble Spa


A few years ago, I bought this thing as a kind of joke. I thought there's no way it would actually work as promised. BOY HOWDY was I wrong! When you turn this baby up to full strength, it will beat the SHIT out of you, and I mean that in the best way possible. This thing feels BETTER than a built-in spa tub. It's worth every penny and then some. I love it so much. Or I should say I LOVED it so much. Because we moved a few months ago, and now we don't have a tub. And the first thing I said when we bought this place was OMG WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT MY BUBBLE SPA?!?  If you have a bath tub, you absolutely need one of these. Thank me later. link here

Silicone Back Scrubber

I've been using this silicone back scrubber for a few years, and it's great. It works way better than an impossible-to-clean back brush and it lasts a lot longer than those exfoliating towels I used to buy at my local Asian market. Makes a great stocking stuffer. link here

Silicone Foot Scrubber

I've tried quite a few foot scrubbers over the years, and this is my favorite. Suction cups hold it firmly in place, and after you rinse it off, you can stick it on the wall to drip dry. link here 

Personal Care

Gillette ProGlide Shield Vibrating Razor


If you've never used a vibrating razor, you should give it a try. It reduces the likelihood of nicks, cuts, and razor burn. ProGlide razor cartridges have 5 razors which is TOO MANY IMO. But they also have a single razor on the reverse side for detail work. The cartridges are pretty expensive, but you can usually find them on sale. And if you dry them after use, they'll last a long time. This razor is specifically marketed to men, but WTF does that even mean? Women love this razor too. And for good reason. link here 

Norelco OneBlade Trimmer/Shaver


I've used a OneBlade for the past few years, and it has seriously changed my life. It will give you an ALMOST razor-like shave. Or snap on one of the 3 included guards, and use it to trim your beard. I also use the biggest guard to trim my eyebrow hairs because I've apparently entered THAT phase of my elderly existence where facial hair just keeps growing and growing and I know I know, TMI. It's waterproof, so you can use it in the shower. I prefer to use it dry or in the shower with shaving cream. You can use the top or bottom blades for shaping the edges of your beard, which is super convenient. And the flat side provides a shave that's nearly (but not quite) as good as a razor.  If you use an electric razor, you need to buy one of these immediately. If you use a conventional razor, this may not replace it completely, but you probably want one of these too. Bottom line - if you have facial hair, you absolutely want one of these. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! link here

Norelco Bodygroom


OK, let's get real. For years, I tried to figure out how to trim the unruly hairs on my nutsack (I warned you we're getting real). After a bunch of research, I bought a Norelco Bodygroom. And let me tell you, this thing works like a charm. It has an adjustable trimmer on one end for chest hair, and underarm hair and, y'know, pubes if you're into that. On the other end, it has what seems to me a hybrid between an electric razor and a OneBlade (which I love, see above). It'll give you an ALMOST razor-like shave basically anywhere on your body - even on your dick and prune-like balls. (I told you we were getting real here. Don't judge me) Even on your saggy, craggy low-hangers, it'll give you a pretty close shave without drawing blood. The electric razor side is extra-wide so it's also great for your back or your chest, or your legs, or your GIGANTIC asshole (you know who you are). I feel like every man should own one of these. I can't recommend it enough. link here

Wahl Rechargeable Hair Clipper


If you know a guy who buzzes his own hair, a rechargeable clipper is a must. These are SO much more convenient than the corded version. And only 20 bucks! link here


Comments

Popular Posts